Capitaine Durosoy was a French Soldier. Typed Letter Signed, 04/01/1932 - 8 x10 1/2 signed in blue ink with a three-fold and minor tears overall very good condition.
"The Cavalry school (French: Ecole de cavalerie) is a French military training establishment at Saumur. Originally set up to train the cavalry of the French Army, it now trains the troops of France's arme blindee et cavalerie (Armoured Cavalry Branch) in reconnaissance and armoured warfare.
In 1763, Louis XV (via the Duc de Choiseul) reorganised the French cavalry. A new school for officers from all the cavalry regiments was set up at Saumur, managed and supervised by the "Corps Royal des Carabiniers" - since its inception the school has been hosted in the carabinier regiment's quarter of the town, latterly in a magnificent 18th century building. This functioned until 1788. At the end of 1814, after the First Restoration, Louis XVIII set up the "âˆšÃ¢cole d'Instruction des Troupes âˆšâ€ cheval" in Saumur. Its activities declined from 1822 onwards so it was regenerated by Charles X under the name of the "âˆšÃ¢cole Royale de Cavalerie" (later renamed the âˆšÃ¢cole imperiale de cavalerie de Saumur). Most of its building complex was taken up with a military riding area and a riding-academy training hall. From 1830, with the disappearance of the âˆšÃ¢cole de Versailles, Saumur became the capital and sole repository of the French equestrian tradition, and its knowledge (such as in the Cadre Noir and its training regime in dressage) is still recognised throughout the world. At the end of the Second World War the French cavalry (mainly in a reconnaissance role by this point) and armoured troops merged to form the 'Arme blindee et cavalerie' (ABC), with the âˆšÃ¢cole de Saumur becoming the new branch's training centre."